volkmann's ischemic contracture

Salam all, please apologize if i have not updated my old blog site, because I am busy pursuing a subject that should be added this semester in the Neurology and Special Topic.
Since I write this blog, I've learned one thing of which volkmann's ischemic contracture.
This is due to the use of Plaster of Paris (POP) that is too tight to cause Ischemia (lack of blood). So, we do not get muscle energy supply, enough oxygen.
Among the ways to treat waste is POP, or if things destitute please doctor as soon as possible.

more detail :

Volkmann's contracture, also known as Volkmann's ischaemic contracture, is a permanent flexion contracture of the hand at the wrist, resulting in a claw-like deformity of the hand and fingers.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is some technique are so good.I can follow the technique. Five Dock

Princely Physiotherapy Clinic said...

has there been any treatment procedure that gave a good result other than surgery? if there is, please enlighten me. i have a case at hand

Princely Physiotherapy Clinic said...

has there been any treatment procedure that gave a good result other than surgery? if there is, please enlighten me. i have a case at hand

Post a Comment